Smart Dublin ShowcaseBack to News, Blogs & Events
Dublin emerging as an innovation hub for smart city solutions
Smart Dublin, in partnership with Maynooth University and the Technology and the Entrepreneurship Centre at Harvard, hosted a showcase where attendees met international smart city experts and learned about smart projects being developed in the Dublin Region.
Leading multinationals, SMEs and research and innovation centres showcased a range of technologies that are being developed, piloted and scaled in Dublin and Ireland. Technology giants such as Dell, Microsoft, Intel, Ericsson, IBM and Cisco showed their latest smart city innovations, many of which are being piloted or innovated in Dublin. A wide range of start-ups and SMEs also demonstrated the capability to drive new innovations in areas like low cost bicycle theft tracking, air quality monitoring, wearables, smart parking and low cost flood monitoring.
The showcase also marked the launch of a regional Smart Dublin Advisory Network. A group of 40 experts from the public and private sector, who will help guide the Smart Dublin project over the next two years.
Exhibitors at the showcase:
- Intel Ireland Ltd – Croke Park Smart Stadium, Low cost flood monitoring (DCC), Air Quality Innovations (EPA, NCAD).
- Cisco – Building out Municipal WiFi
- Kingspan Sensor – Low Cost River Level Monitors
- IBM Research – Ireland – Smarter Solutions Innovation Lab
- Microsoft & Mindrising – Future city ‘Minecraft’ simulation – engaging with schools across Dublin.
- Ericsson – Future of telecommunications
- Dell – Connected Buildings – Real time monitoring.
- Smart Dublin / IDEA digital – Smart Dublin Website
- Dublinked – Dublin’s Open Data portal
- Dublin Dashboard – Real time city dashboard
- Cork Smart Gateway – Cork’s regional smart initiative
- Smart Cycle Challenge Solutions:
- Fluidedge – Smart Cycle Bell
- See.Sense – ‘Find My Bike’ theft tracker
- BikeLook – Bluetooth Bike Tracker
- Lero – Ireland’s Software Research Centre
- Technology and Entrepreneurship Center at Harvard (TECH)
- MA Interaction Design NCAD, Intel, Environmental Protection Agency – Air Quality Innovation
- DCU Water Institute – Water innovation research centre.
- Connect Centre for Future Networks – Building a LORA network
- Trinity College Dublin, Future Cities – Smart City Research Group
- Smart Croke Park – Irelands Internet of Things Testbed (smart stadium)
- DogPatch Labs – Innovation Hub
- DCUAlpha – Internet of Things Cluster
- VT Networks – Future Networks – SIGFOX
- OnePlus Systems – Smart Bin technologies
- Nuwave Sensor Technology LTD – Indoor Air quality monitors
- Shimmer – Wearable sensing systems
- Local Enterprise Office – Supporting local enterprise
- Solar AdTek – Future smart bus shelters
- Airsynergy – Renewable energy solutions
- Sonitus Systems – Connected sound monitoring
- UTS parking – DCC & Smart Parking Meters
- Big Belly Smart Waste Systems (Kyron Street Limited) – Smart Bin Technologies
- Bandwidth Ltd – Smart Parking and Smart Traffic Systems
- Pavanumobility Ltd – Smart Accessibility