A critical role of the city council is that of street cleaning and managing waste across busy city centre areas in particular. There is a network of over 3,500 street bins which are manually emptied on a regular basis the timing of which various depending on the profile of the street. This street cleaning service is critical to maintaining a clean and litter free city. There has been an increasing trend of successful deployment of smart bin technologies in cities that incorporate features such as:
- Sensors that communicate back to the street cleaners when they are full
- Use of accompanying software that allow for optimization of routes for cleaning schedules
- Use of software applications which deliver real time data information (through a web portal or Smartphone) on each bin status, their inventory management and other efficiency related data.
Considering the above, the city council is inviting technical dialogue to companies to better understand the latest innovations in smart bin technologies and possibly deliver a pilot in the city centre. Please submit your interest in engaging with Dublin City Council on the above supply the following information by 12 noon on Monday 14th March 2016.
· Legal Name of interested party
· Contact Name
· Contact details to include telephone and email
· Website (if applicable)
· Background information on interested party
· Details of solutions provided in other locations, whether in Ireland or internationally